A full day course introducing participants to Child Abuse Linked to Faith and Belief. The course addresses how our cultures and beliefs have shaped our current understanding of childhood and safeguarding practices; and how certain child rearing practices and attitudes towards children and young people is identified as abuse. Participants will learn about the various categories of child abuse linked to faith and belief; it’s prevalence within the UK; the impact on victims and how best to approach any safeguarding concerns in a sensitive manner.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Understand a brief history of childhood and safeguarding legislation in the United Kingdom
- Define what child abuse linked to faith and belief is and understand its context in today’s society
- Recognise the need for awareness of child abuse linked to faith and belief
- Identify the different categories of child abuse linked to faith and belief
- Recognise the different symptoms and signs of child abuse linked to faith and belief
- Know how to effectively respond to safeguarding concerns of child abuse linked to faith and belief
See our Training Schedule for details of upcoming course dates or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
This course can be delivered at your venue and adapted to suit the needs of your organisation. Contact us to find out more.