Mentoring in Practice is a recognised qualification endorsed by Open College West Midlands. Learners will receive 7 guided learning session and are required to undertake additional independent learning tasks after each taught session.
The course is designed to equip individuals to understand the role of a Mentor, deliver safe mentoring practice and have the ability to deliver practical mentoring sessions, tailored to the needs of individual mentees.
The course covers the below areas:
- History and Meaning of Mentoring
- Boundaries and Confidentiality in a Mentoring relationship
- Communication and Learning Styles in a Therapeutic Environment
- Safeguarding in a Mentoring Practice
- Delivery of practical Mentoring sessions, tailored to the needs of individual mentees.
- Measuring the impact of Mentoring.
Please note this course is level 3 standard and requires learners to complete and submit a number of relevant assignments.