This half day course will give professionals an introduction to Child Protection and Safeguarding. The course will enable individuals to recognise and respond to safeguarding concerns when working with children and young people.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Define the difference between child protection and safeguarding
- Know key safeguarding legislation and guidance
- Understand the prevalence and incidence of child abuse and maltreatment in the UK
- Know the different categories of child abuse and maltreatment
- Recognise the behavioural and physical indicators of child abuse and maltreatment
- Know how to respond to and report safeguarding concerns including how to handle disclosures of abuse
See our Training Schedule for details of upcoming course dates or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
This course can be delivered at your venue and adapted to suit the needs of your organisation. Contact us to find out more.