Safeguarding for Senior Leaders has been designed specifically for Safeguarding Leads and those who have a considerable responsibility for the safeguarding of children and young people in their organisation.
This course will build on prior knowledge in safeguarding, explore recent changes to safeguarding legislation and provide the opportunity for learners to consider their own existing organisational policies and examine whether or not current procedures are effective, and thereby initiate change if necessary.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- To be able to clearly define Safeguarding as it applies to children and young people.
- To be familiar with up to date legislation which supports safeguarding of children and young people.
- To have a good understanding of information sharing protocols and how these should be utilised to safeguard children and young people.
- To have an awareness of Serious Case Reviews and recognise the benefits, frustrations and learning acquired from considering these cases.
- To be able to explain clearly to colleagues their own unique organisational safeguarding procedures.
- To be able to confidently state the component parts of the safeguarding process from suspicion to safety.
- To understand how safeguard the safeguarder.
The plan for this course is that whilst we explore and expand knowledge and understanding, we will also look at processes and rationale for change and development, in order to improve application where applicable.
This programme is about creating effective change from knowledge and understanding.
Important Notice: There is an expectation that attendees will ALL have prior safeguarding knoweldge, as ‘base line’ understanding will not be covered in any detail on this programme.
To book your place please email firstname.lastname@example.org